The excessive use of mobile phones has become a common problem in our current society.. With the increasing reliance on technology and social media, many people spend hours a day on their phones, which can have negative effects on their physical and mental health. Mobile phone addiction not only can affect productivity and interpersonal relationships, It can also cause physical problems, if Your hands fall asleep with your mobile, you have cramps and muscle painIt is a sign that you should make changes in your life.
It is important to recognize the negative effects of using our smartphones too much. Take measures to reduce usage time and improve physical and mental health, It is a crucial step to solve our problem. This will precisely be the central theme of our article.
What to do if your hands fall asleep with your mobile?
There are several ways to relieve and prevent numbness in the hands. when using the mobile; some of these range from simple exercises to significant lifestyle changes.
The most important are:
- The number one lifestyle change you should make if you experience numbness or discomfort in your hands while using your smartphone is reduce usage time or take more frequent breaks.
- You can also try changing the position of your hands and arms when using the mobile, to reduce the tension in the muscles and nerves.
- If you use your phone for important things, like work or communicating with your family, then take regular breaks when using your terminal. This will considerably relieve all the tension accumulated in your muscles.
- Do stretching exercises for the hands and arms, before and after using the mobile. This can help reduce muscle tension and improve circulation. We recommend that you flex and extend your fingers slowly and carefully. You can also perform rotating exercises, even using a stress ball will be very helpful.
- Use a mobile holder, to avoid holding the mobile with your hands for long periods. Undoubtedly this will significantly solve the problem.
- If you use your smartphone for work or long-term tasks, consider use an external keyboard and mouse.
- improve your posture make sure you sit with good posture when using the mobile. Thus avoiding pain and cramps in the back, neck and of course your hands.
- Regular exercise can help improve circulation and your health in general.
What diseases can make your hands numb?
The use of your mobile for several hours a day, at long can affect your health, lifestyle and routines. All these symptoms are the clear sign that you should take things easy and reduce these long periods with the mobile.
Although it is always good to clarify that there are some pathologies that may be causing your symptoms or instead be a complication of the constant and prolonged use of the smartphone. If you notice that your hands often fall asleep with or without your mobile, it is It is advisable to consult a doctor to evaluate any problems underlying health.
These are the three most frequent:
Carpal tunnel syndrome
This is a common pathology, which occurs when the median nerve, which runs from the arm to the hand, is compressed andnot the wrist Carpal tunnel syndrome can be caused by repetitive strain on the hands and arms, caused by excessive use of the mobile, as well as other causes.
Peripheral nerve injuries
Are damage to the nerves that connect the brain and spinal cord to the rest of the body. These injuries can be caused by trauma, infection, disease, exposure to toxins, among other causes. Symptoms of peripheral nerve injuries may include numbness, muscle weakness, pain and motor coordination problems.
Compression of the neck and cervical vertebrae
Compression of the neck and cervical vertebrae can cause numbness in the hands and arms. This can be caused by an injury, hernia or poor posture when using the mobile. It is very important to seek a medical opinion to rule out more serious causes.
What activities can you do without your phone?
Sometimes our phones they can make us addicted to them, its wide variety of uses is the main cause of this. Bringing with it not only physical symptoms such as your hands falling asleep, but also stress, anxiety and other.
The most important thing is to recognize the problem and try to solve it, either on our own or with professional help.
These are some of the activities that we can do without using our smartphones:
- Reading a book is a great way to relax. and disconnect from the digital world. You can choose any genre you prefer and immerse yourself in a good story.
- Spend time with friends and family it will help you maintain healthy relationships and enjoy the company of the people you care about.
- Exercise is a great way to stay healthy and improve mood. You can do any type of exercise, from walking to running, swimming, yoga, among others. This will significantly help to release stress and anxiety that can cause getting used to not using the mobile.
- Board games are the most fun and enjoyable way to spend time with friends. and family. The availability of board games to choose from is very wide, look for the one you like the most, such as chess, dominoes, Monopoly, among others.
- Find a new hobbySometimes we don’t know we’re really good at something because we haven’t tried it before. Try different activities, until find the one you are passionate about and captivate.
- Cooking is the best way to learn new recipes and experiment with various ingredients It is fun. You can watch cooking shows on TV, buy a cookbook, or even sign up for a course.
- Go for a walk Let you enjoy the fresh air and nature. You can walk through the park, the beach, the forest, among other places, choose the time of day that best suits you and go for it.
- Meditation is a great way to reduce stress and anxiety. You can practice meditation anywhere and at any time, although we recommend calm and quiet places. You can perform breathing exercises and experiment with yoga postures.
- writing is a good way to express your thoughts and feelings. Write in a journal, a letter, a poem and let your ingenuity and creativity fly.
- Visit an art gallery or a museum, will help you learn about history and culture, admiring the works of art and learning new things is undoubtedly a rewarding and fun experience.
We hope this article will serve as a guide and help you learn a little about what you can do if your hands fall asleep with your mobile, you have pain or experience anxiety and other symptoms caused by excessive use of the device. Let us know in the comments if it helped you. We read you.