Like every month, the team behind the Android subsystem for Windows 11 comes with news. This time with some improvements focused on performance and that will make the operation of Android within Windows 11 unbeatable. Let’s see what they’ve been working on.
What’s new in February for Android on Windows 11
- Improved latency and reliability of audio input
- Camera experience improvements (camera metadata is now exposed to camera apps)
- Changes improving frame rate performance: Certain benchmarks have improved by 10-20% on ARM and 40-50% on x64
- Fixed issue with zooming out in apps using trackpad or mouse
- Platform reliability improvements
- Using the latest version of Chromium WebView to version 108
- Sync global camera and microphone privacy controls between Windows and Android apps
- Android 13 security updates
It may seem like a small thing, but the FPS boost in performance is a huge improvement. Camera performance and audio reliability are key elements. Microsoft seems determined to offer an unbeatable experience and we see it every day with the updates that the Subsystem receives.