WhatsApp adds and continues to include new updates in your application of messages. We recently reported a new feature that will ensure important messages don’t get lost in a conversation, and today we’re bringing some big news, according to WhatsApp news tracker WABetaInfo.
In this case, we are talking about a series of new functions, specifically five, for the popular statuses function in the application that many use on a daily basis. As you already know, this published content disappears after 24 hours and can include photos, videos, GIFs, text and now even more are included.
In the post announcing these news, WhatsApp also explains that has made sure all of these features are secure, with the same end-to-end encryption as chats and callsensuring that users can share their updates state in a safe way.
These have just been announced, so it is expected that Little by little they are being included in Android and iOS smartphones and desktop.
These are the five new features that will reach WhatsApp status
1. Public Private Selector: This feature is intended to give you the flexibility to control who sees your status updates. You can choose a public version for each state and a private one only for those contacts you choose, just like how Instagram stories work, for example.
2. Voice status: WhatsApp adds this new function and now allows you to record and share messages of voice of up to 30 seconds in your state.
3. Reactions to the states: it will also allow you to respond to the states of others with certain emojis. “Swipe up and tap one of eight emojis to quickly react to a status. You can also reply with text, messages voice tags, stickers and much more”they explain.
4. Profile status rings: In order to know if someone has uploaded a status update, as with Instagram stories, a ring will appear around the profile image.
5. Link Preview in Status: When you post a link in your status, you’ll now see a visual preview of the link’s content, just like when you send a message, which was definitely needed. Besides, this gives a more aesthetic touch to the link that you have inserted and not just the URL, which surely encourages more clicks.
“They will be available to everyone for the next few weeks. We hope people will enjoy these new features soon”ends WhatsApp in his blog post.