A new update arrives at the Windows 11 Release Preview channel. The prelude to what will be the update that will arrive during the month of October. In this update Windows 11 reaches version 607 and the patch number is KB5017389. Let’s see what’s new.
Releasing Windows 11 Build 22621.607 to the Release Preview Channel https://t.co/GFzIWOepWd ^BLB
— Windows Insider Program (@windowsinsider) September 22, 2022
Fixes in Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22621.607
- Fixed an issue affecting some apps that weren’t signed by the Microsoft Store. You must reinstall them after upgrading the operating system.
- Fixed issues that cause Microsoft Store updates to fail.
- Fixed an issue that prevents you from signing in to various Microsoft Office 365 apps. This affects Outlook, Word, Teams, etc.
- Updated the start date of summer time in Chile. It will start on September 11, 2022 instead of September 4, 2022.
- Fixed an issue affecting the Windows Search service. It makes the indexing progress of the service slow.
- Fixed an issue affecting some processors. This issue occurs when Hyper-V and kernel direct memory access (DMA) protections are turned on.
- Mitigated an issue that affects the static IP of a network. The problem causes the static IP configuration to be inconsistent. Because of this, NetworkAdapterConfiguration() fails sporadically.
- Fixed an issue affecting Task Manager. Stops working when switching between light and dark mode or changing accent color.
We have fixed an issue affecting the font of three Chinese characters. When these bold characters are formatted, the width size is incorrect.
- Fixed an issue affecting graphics drivers that use d3d9on12.dll.
- Reduced the power used by the Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol on some devices when they are in sleep mode.
- Fixed an issue that forced IE mode tabs to reload in one session.
- Fixed an issue affecting window.open in IE mode.
- Fixed an issue where a browser window correctly opens in IE mode to display a PDF file. Subsequently, browsing to another site in IE mode within the same window fails.
- Fixed an issue affecting Microsoft’s Japanese input method editor (IME). Text reconversion fails when using some third-party virtual desktops.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an app to stop responding. This could happen when the input queue overflowed.
- Mitigated an issue affecting XML Paper Specification (XPS) viewers. This could prevent XPS files from opening in some non-English languages. Among them are some Japanese and Chinese character encodings. This problem affects XPS and Open XPS (OXPS) files.
- Fixed an issue that creates a duplicate print queue. Because of this, the original print queue stops working.
- Fixed an issue that could bypass MSHTML and ActiveX rules for Windows Defender Application Control (WDAC).
- Fixed an issue affecting the Miracast UI. Sometimes it closes too early when casting devices that use the DeviceObjectType:Aep.
- Added more dynamic Widget content to taskbar with notification badge. When you open the Widgets dashboard, a banner appears at the top of the dashboard. Provides more information about what triggered the notification badge.
- Fixed an issue affecting the SharedPC account manager. The issue prevents many accounts from being deleted during the cleanup.
- Fixed an issue that caused LogonUI.exe stop working. Because of this, you cannot dismiss the lock screen to see the credentials screen.
- Fixed an issue affecting dual SIM calls. If you select no SIM on your phone and initiate a call on your device, the Dual SIM functionality does not work.
- Fixed an issue affecting FindNextFileNameW(). There may be memory leaks.
- Fixed an issue affecting robocopy. Robocopy fails to set a file with the correct modification time when using the /ES
- Fixed an issue affecting cldflt.sys. A stop error occurs when used with Microsoft OneDrive.
- Fixed an issue affecting roaming user profiles. After logging in or out, some of the settings are not restored.
- Fixed an issue affecting the LanmanWorkstation service. A memory leak occurs when mounting a network drive.