You may have noticed that you have almost no visitors on your LinkedIn profile or it is not having the success that you would like. It is possible that it even seems to you that it is empty and you do not know what is missing or you do not know what you can add to it to be better. Whether you are using the app for your business or looking for a job or an employee, there are many things that you can do to improve it.
If you don’t, it’s very possible that no one will see you or take an interest in you. If you want your presence to be discreet, nothing will happen, but if you don’t want to miss an opportunity, you should consider optimizing your profile beyond the basic data. For this you have to spend some timebut it will be worth it.
10 facts for a more professional LinkedIn profile
When you enter LinkedIn add a photo, your full name, the positions that interest you and click on the pencil that you will find in the upper right part to edit your presentation and show many of the data that we will discuss below. To get to this section go to your profile from the top left, click on view profile and adapt it to your liking. First of all, get the app to control everything much better and request job alerts so you don’t miss a single one.
These are the data that yes or yes your profile must have:
- Full name. So whoever looks for you because it reminds you of a position, of something you have done or is interested in you will have an easier time finding you. In addition, a profile with the first and last name is always more serious.
- professional owner. You must write correctly, without spelling and grammatical mistakes, a good professional headline. Its 120 characters can be used much more than you imagine, you can make it more attractive.
- Profile picture. That your profile has a photo will make you transmit more confidence and they decide to know more about you. For this, it is also important to choose a good photo in which your face is perfectly visible.
- A good extract. Do not forget to write a summary that shows the most notable about you and your work experience. Profiles that have it receive up to 3.9 times more profile views.
- Work experience and training. Do not hesitate to spend time completing your profile indicating your work experience, so that companies know the positions in which you have worked and other businesses in the sector in which you have been. Do not hesitate to include not only the position and company, but also take advantage of the description to give you hype. If you have done volunteer activities, do not hesitate to add them. It also includes the courses you have taken and the training you have.
- Employment preferences. It is key that you indicate to companies what interests you, and this is an essential section. Indicate data such as the positions you are interested in, the location, type of employment, start date and who can see it. List all LinkedIn members to ensure you reach more people.
- Contact information and link to your blog or social networks. In order for them to contact you and offer you a job opportunity, they must have several forms of contact, such as your telephone number so that they can contact you beforehand. If you have another social network where you post interesting content, a blog where you give advice or a page talking about yourself, don’t hesitate to take advantage of this space.
- Attitudinal assessments. In the app, you will find the possibility of assessing your skills by answering 15 questions to obtain a badge that will be highly regarded by recruiters and personnel selection managers.
- Recommendations. Although it is not mandatory, it would not hurt to ask other people for recommendations to give your profile more credibility.
- Publications. You can also create posts to show that you care about your industry, complete your profile, and increase the chances that other people will reach you. This is optional, but it will be great to have it.
Do not only dedicate yourself to completing information, but also seek to make your profile complete and visually attractive. You will see how the time you dedicate to it will be rewarded and you will increase the visits to your profile.