One has to be prepared for any unforeseen event and for this very reason mobile phones today have SOS services, although this is a quality that is also available in more and more models of the Samsung Galaxy Watch series of smart watches. These carry a emergency button It can save you from trouble at any time, so it’s worth knowing how it works.
You never know when we will need emergency medical attention. You have to be prepared for all kinds of accidents and react as quickly as possible, such as calling 112. However, there is the possibility of speeding up this entire process without having to unlock the smartwatch and dial the number.
Before explaining the steps necessary to perform a emergency call from Samsung Galaxy Watchit is essential that they be LTE models, that is, those that require a SIM card to receive coverage from the operator independently like a telephone.
So it is important to check which one you have because you may not be able to take advantage of this functionality. Once you take this requirement into account, the instructions are as follows:
- On your Android mobile, locate and open the Galaxy Wearable app with which you previously linked the smartwatch. If you just purchased it, head to the Google Play Store or Galaxy Store to download it.
- In the latter case, you will have to configure the watch to start using it. Then, in order to enable the emergency calling function for the Galaxy Watch, tap on the ‘Watch settings’ option.
- Look for the ‘Advanced Features’ section within the Galaxy Wearable application on your Samsung smartwatch.
- Here you will find a setting called ‘SOS’ which you have to tap to enter.
- Add the emergency contacts you want. You can do it manually or from your mobile contact list.
- Set up the SOS call through the ‘Make emergency calls to’ option and choose the person.
Everything is ready to make an emergency call from your Samsung Galaxy Watch and just press the button at the top of the right area, that is, the power button. One has to touch it up to three times to make the call and a 5-second countdown will appear to cancel the communication if you made a mistake. Otherwise, the device will issue the call in case of danger, accident or fall to the user you selected previously.
This feature is available for all Samsung watch models since the first Galaxy Watch Active. But remember that it is mandatory that it be the version that works for SIM card and not via Bluetooth, since the latter cannot make calls on their own and need to remain connected at all times.