MIUI has become one of the most complete customization layers on the market. If you have a Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO smartphone, You will probably have noticed that among its various applications is “Security”a real swiss army knife.
Beyond having a complete cleaner and resource optimizer, the Security application has a wide variety of utilities. From a WhatsApp cleaner to a complete tool with which to check the network.
In addition, the security application also allows us to scan our Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO for malicious softwareeither malware or any other strange configuration that threatens our privacy.
Security, the “Swiss army knife” that hides your Xiaomi
If we go into the Security application we will find the main optimization tools at the top. If we click on “Optimize”, the application will do an automatic sweep in search of malicious software. It will also detect large files within the cache, as well as if we have MIUI updated to the latest version available.
just below we will find 6 more specific optimization and cleaning tools:
- Cleaner: Scans the system for unnecessary cached files, outdated files, old applications, etc. Once the scan is finished we can select what we want to delete.
- security scan: This tool allows us to carry out a complete security analysis, taking into account whether our payment systems are secure, as well as whether our privacy is optimal.
- Battery: From this section we can not only activate the different energy modes (Battery saving, Balance or Performance), but also explore which applications consume the most battery.
- speed increase: From this utility we can optimize the operation of the system, mainly based on deleting the cache. It is also capable of clearing unnecessarily used memory.
- Manage applications: Manage all the applications you have installed, as well as their permissions. It also allows us to independently update each of them or uninstall several at once.
- Deep cleaning: This tool deserves our full attention. If we enter it we will find several sections:
- Elimination of duplicate or redundant photos in the gallery.
- Removal of rarely used apps.
- Deletion of unimportant data generated by applications.
- Detection and removal of large files with little importance
- Detection and removal of unnecessary videos.
- Detection and removal of APK packages.
But here is not everything. If we slide to the bottom area we will find other extremely useful tools. Among them we find the following:
WhatsApp and Facebook Cleaner
Utility whatsapp cleaner It allows us to detect all the elements sent and received through WhatsApp, whether they are images, videos, voice messages, etc. After that we can remove each item separately or perform direct cleaning.
The same happens with Facebook Cleaner. With this utility we will be able to free up storage space through the images, videos and other cached files generated by the application.
Utility app lock allows us, as its name indicates, block access to certain applications by fingerprint, PIN, pattern or password such as WhatsApp, Gallery application, etc.
In addition to having to enter the terminal lock code, anyone who wants to enter selected applications you will have to enter the fingerprint or authentication method again configured.
Troubleshooting can save us on more occasions. It is a tool capable of analyzing the entire system in search of problems related to performance, network or even battery.
A very simple way to resolve minor bugs in case you notice some strange behavior from your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO.
Probably the most efficient way to hang up with certain calls. Blacklist allows us block all kinds of calls, in a fairly configurable way. With this utility we can block hidden calls, from certain contacts, in forwarding mode or even create exceptions.
Dual applications and Second space
Do you have two WhatsApp accounts? Dual applications allows you duplicate virtually any application in such a way that each one works completely independently of the other.
For its part, Segundo espacio allows us to have two smartphones in one. If we unlock our terminal in a way, Second space will show us only the installed applications and the configuration made with that blocking method. On the other hand, if we unlock it in another way, it will open a completely different and independent profile (for example, a personal profile and another for work).
If you notice that your WiFi connection or Internet access is too slow, lThe Check Network utility allows you to check the status of the network and its access speed.either. It also details the bandwidth consumption of each application.
Do you play with your Xiaomi? Game Turbo is a most interesting environment for the most gamers. From it we can optimize the performance of the device, as well as access all kinds of gaming functionality.
Don’t you want them to know that you have a certain application installed on your Xiaomi, Redmi or POCO? Hide it. From the Hide applications utility we can prevent prying eyes from knowing what apps you have installed.