We can understand as a mat, a part usually rectangular padded on which a cloth is glued. The reality is that there are mats made of different materials that work just as well. But did you know that there are materials and things around you that can act as a mat?
Use the mouse without a mouse pad
Actually the mats were designed for ball mice and the first mice with laser sensors. Mice sensors are now much better and compatible with a large number of surfaces. This allows us to use the mouse without a mat and on an infinity of different surfaces, some of which you can’t even imagine. Some options are:
- Directly on the desktop: Really if we have the typical wooden desk, no matter the color, we don’t need a mat. There are some exceptions and these are that it is varnished, where loss of movement can occur or if the surface is a transparent crystal. Above all, in the latter case, we will necessarily need a mat
- Paper sheet: I’m not a big fan of the laptop touchpad and I’ve always used a conventional mouse to use the laptop and I’ve forgotten the mousepad a lot of times. A plain sheet of paper It’s enough, works perfectly
- On the skin: It may seem absurd to you, but you can try it and you will see how works. Indeed, as it is not, but it works without major problems
- Clothing: It should work without major problems on the clothes you are wearing. As everything, some tissues can cause not worksuch as a product that has sequins
- Paperboard: Yes, any piece of cardboard can be used as a mat. You must bear in mind that the transport boxes have internal pleats and this movement is usually transmitted to the outer layer. This can cause jumps to exist, but the inner face of a cereal boxit works perfectly
- I usually: Indeed, there are many soils whose enameled is matte and that they can act as a mat. But this option has a big problem, floors tend to accumulate a lot of dust, even if you are very neat. So using it on the ground can cause it to accumulate a lot of dirt on the mouse sensor
- Wall: Note that this trick only works if the walls of your house are smooth, as you have I blew it, forget it. It’s inconvenient, we know, but at a given moment, it works
But it is recommended to use
One of the functions of the mouse pad is to reduce the dirt that remains on the mouse sensor. It seems silly, but the fabric ones have a porous texture designed to “absorb” the dust or part of it. In addition, it is a product that we can put in the washing machine without problems to clean it with little effort. It’s more, once a monthAs minimum, you should put it to washsince it accumulates dust and dead skin from our body and, if you have animals, their hair.
If you have tried other surfaces where the mouse can work, tell us in the comments to try it out. Oh, one thing, your friend’s bald spot counts as skin, I see you coming.