This music platform is ranks as one of the largest in the worldsince it has a large number of subscribers who enjoy the great content of this application, since it has a *free version.
However, this service also offers a Premium version in which it gives you access to many more options of the app. Likewise, it removes the ads that are in its free variant, giving you a more pleasant experience when using it.
The great repertoire of albums and artists that this platform has will surely keep you hooked on it all day, consuming a lot of data so it is a good idea to always average and keep track of the use of these, as in other applications such as Netflix.
For this reason, you we will count how much data you spend this platform for each song you play.
How much data does Spotify use in 1 hour?
Although the data consumption that you have in this application will vary depending on quality on which you are playing your songs.
- Low Quality 96 Kbps: 40MB for one hour Of reproduction.
- Medium Quality 160 Kbps: 70MB for one hour Of reproduction.
- High Quality 320 Kbps: 150MB for one hour Of reproduction.
How to limit data consumption on Spotify in the mobile app
For reduce data consumption On the platform, it gives you the option to choose the quality in which you will reproduce your content. Likewise, it also offers you an option of “data saving” which you can easily activate, following these simple steps:
- The first thing you should do is open the application Spotify.
- Now, you must select the option Setting which is at the top right.
- Then, you must access the option Data Savings.
- After this, you must press on Activatein this way the quality of your music will change to low, drastically reducing the consumption of your data.
In this way you will have achieved greatly reduce data consumption that generates the constant use of this application. However, your experience when playing your songs will be affected.
What speed is needed for Spotify?
have a good internet connection is essential to enjoy streaming platforms.
However, the content offered by Spotify it is not so demanding in this sensebecause it can be used without problems with average speeds, since 5MB/s would be more than enough to enjoy it.
How to make Spotify not spend data?
While Spotify has a lot of content that you will want to play a lot of times and include it in your playlists, this could generate high data consumption at the end of the month, greatly raising the cost of your data plan bill.
However, you can avoid this in a simple way, since if you have the Premium version of Spotify it allows you to download the songs to later play them without an internet connection, yes, you must configure the application to do this when you are only connected to a Wi-Fi network. In this way, you will avoid excessive consumption on your mobile data and you can play your content at ease without worrying about it.
How many GB does Spotify consume per month?
The calculation of how many Gigabytes Spotify has consumed per month will depend mainly on the use that you have given to this application during that timewhich means that the more content is reproduced, the more your data will be consumed.
- 1 daily content of 1 hour on average and in Low Quality 96 Kbps It can generate 1.2 Gigabytes of consumption per month.
- 1 daily content of 1 hour on average and Medium Quality 160 Kbps can generate you 2.1 Gigabytes of consumption per month.
- 1 daily content of 1 hour on average and High Quality 320 Kbps It can generate 4.5 Gigabytes of consumption per month.