First, you can drive for 24 hours without having to clear the car at customs. This time is given to process all the documents. After all, you need a reason to sell such a car. Have you wanted to hear the word “our company buys junk cars” for a long time, ever since you bought a stamped or beat-up car? Then you require the advice and years of experience of JunkCarsUs.
In order to legally drive a car without customs clearance for more than a day, it is sufficient to issue its temporary importation. The following package of documents is required for such registration:
- Certificate of consular registration abroad.
- Technical passport.
- Insurance issued in the country where the car is registered.
- Residence permit.
- Completed declaration for temporary entry of the vehicle.
Allowed time for temporary entry
- If everything is done correctly, you can quickly drive your unregistered vehicle for six months.
- After that, you are to go abroad again and return with all the documents being drawn up anew.
- You can repeat this procedure as many times as you like if you have the desire and the necessary documents.
It is not allowed to drive with the power of attorney, issued by a foreign citizen: if you are caught with an unregistered car, and they will prove that it was you who imported it, the car may be simply confiscated. It would be very problematic to return the vehicle, and bypassing the customs procedure, in this case, is unlikely to work.
Obtaining a Citizenship or Residence Permit
If you try to get a residence permit in another country, you must be patient.
There are several ways to get what you want:
- First, you can study or work in a foreign country;
- Secondly, marriage to a citizen of this country will be considered a good reason.
Otherwise, you can wait for a residence permit for up to six months and sometimes even be rejected.
Purchase of an unregistered car
There are often sellers on the Internet and at car markets, who offer unregistered cars with foreign license plates.
Unregistered cars are usually cheap. The cost of such a proposal is very tempting, and the car typically has decent equipment and condition.
But you should not agree to the bargain at once. It is necessary to check all documents of a car carefully and “cut off seven times”.
The problem is that no matter where the car was bought if it is not suitable for customs clearance according to the current legislation, it will be good for spare parts after the allotted time. The result is loss of money and still no car.
Who may benefit from not-registered cars
Typically, the cars are brought from abroad to be dismantled for parts.
Sometimes buying such an automobile is much more profitable than buying spare parts for a serious repair.
Unlicensed cars imported for parts can be divided into 2 big groups: European and Japanese.
There are cases when a car is bought for specific documents or a car that cannot be repaired after an accident. Or for other reasons.
The car is driven through the customs “sawed down”, made out as spare parts, and then restored with a plate swap. This method is illegal, but, nevertheless, it takes place in our country.
Document and peculiarities of custom clearance
Physical persons have the right to import goods solely for personal use, commercial activity, in this case, is punishable. Cost of goods without taking into account duties and customs payments can’t be more than 1000 Euro and weight more than 31 kg. An increase in these figures is subject to an additional payment of 30% of the excess amount, the minimum value is 4 euros per kilogram.
Before passing through customs control, a legal entity must register. It is necessary to submit a declaration to the relevant authority, which must be in electronic form. This can be done either by the owner of the imported goods himself or by a customs broker. It is necessary to pay all customs fees, which are calculated depending on the type of goods and their HS code. You must provide the authorized customs officer with the permits for further clearance. Upon completion of customs clearance and the transfer of goods from the customs office to the owner, all products are ready for individual use or for commercial purposes. An individual entrepreneur must meet the same requirements as a legal entity. However, he has the right not to pay VAT, as all individual entrepreneurs have a simplified form of taxation.
At the time of crossing the border, the owner of the goods must prepare the following documents:
- A document confirming one’s identity, such as a passport.
- A receipt and a certificate.
- Customs declaration, called TD-6.
- All documents for the vehicle (insurance, technical passport, act of sale transaction).
- Filling in the customs declaration has several peculiarities.
- If the owner crosses the border on the imported car, then in the TD-6 form the car must be indicated as luggage with a personal escort.
- Crossing the vehicle by another method, for example, using a container designated as unaccompanied luggage. But it is obligatory to indicate in the documents that the transported cargo is a car.
- When customs are passed and the documents are drawn up, the imported car will be registered as a transit. Special authorities will set a period of time, during which you will have to appear in the customs office again to complete the registration process.
Many people decide to drive a car with foreign plates, but this can only be done by holders of a residence permit or citizenship in another country. But even such individuals have only a temporary opportunity to drive a car that has not been registered.
Driving an unregistered car for the citizens of our country may result in a fine and confiscation of the vehicle, so it is undesirable to break the law or buy a car from suspicious sellers, wishing to save money.