Linking your Gmail account in Outlook is simpler than it seems. Follow our guide and get connected in a matter of minutes.
Are you tired of having to access your Gmail account from the browser? If you have Outlook installed on your computer, you can receive and send emails from the email manager Developed by Microsoft. The only thing you need is to know the password of your Google account, as you will need it to be able to carry out the respective link.
Offering all the tools you need to be able to control your Gmail account, Outlook is without a doubt one of those “solutions” that few users know to have all several email accounts in one place.
Of course, despite the fact that Microsoft indicates that link a gmail account to outlook It does not require any type of technical knowledge, the reality is that a series of steps must be followed for the connection between both services to be successful.
How to connect your Gmail account to Outlook?
So that you don’t have to waste your time searching the Internet, here we will show you in a few steps everything you will have to do to link a Gmail account to Outlook. Remember that You must know the password of your Google account to be able to associate it to Outlook.
- The first step you should take is open the Outlook app from your computer. Once you are inside the Microsoft email manager, you will have to click on the tab that says “Archive”which is located in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Therefore, you will have to click on the small button that says “Add account”.
- Enter the email address of your Gmail account. Once you have placed it correctly, you will have to click on the blue button what does it say “Connect”.
- Outlook will ask you to sign in with your Google account. Enter the password of your Gmail accountand then click on “Log in”.
- Being mandatory the two-step verification on Google For several years now, you will have to enter the code that will be sent to your mobile. Write that code in the blank space and then click on “Ready”.
- Outlook will ask you to grant it various permissions so that it can connect to your Gmail account. Click on “Allow” so that the link can be carried out.
- Finally, you will have to click on “Ready” for Outlook to download the emails on your computer.
It is worth noting that there are occasions when “mistakes” when connecting a Gmail account to Outlook. One of those mistakes is absence of contacts. If this is your case, you will have to transfer contacts from Gmail to Outlook manually.