Everything has a limit, even WhatsApp. Or rather several. These boundaries have changed throughout history of the application, so it can be difficult to keep track of which are the last ones that are applied today. Here you will find them, summarized.
if you wonder how many people admit in a WhatsApp video callwhat is the maximum size that a photo can have or what are the latest restrictions regarding the forwarding of messages in WhatsApp, you will find them below.
Name and info
One of the first things that WhatsApp asks us to register is Let’s choose a name. This name is still not used much, although it will appear to those who do not have us saved in our agenda. In addition, you can create a text status, simply called “info”, in which you can add something additional, such as that you are working and cannot answer at that moment.
Both the name we choose for our account and our info have a maximum length, which is pretty generous considering what it’s used for. The limits in this regard today are as follows:
- Maximum length of our name: 25 characters.
- Maximum length of the “info” text: 139 characters
Groups and communities
During the last months, WhatsApp has tried to turn to be an application that goes beyond talking with friends and acquaintances, with a empowerment of existing groups and the arrival of the communitiesthe groups of groups.
In groups and communities WhatsApp has a maximum size for their names and descriptions, in addition to having limits on how many users can be part of them. These are the WhatsApp group and community limits nowadays:
- Maximum length of group name (or subject): 100 characters.
- Maximum length of group description: 2,048 characters.
- Maximum number of users per group: 1024 people.
- Maximum length of a community name: 24 characters.
- Maximum number of groups per community: 50 groups.
- Maximum number of users per community: 5,000 people
With WhatsApp’s new multi-device mode you can use the app on two phones at the same time, or on mobile and tablet. It works quite well, although since WhatsApp is not a cloud service, it has certain restrictions. They are the following:
- Maximum number of paired devices: up to 4 for users and up to 10 for companies with WhatsApp Business Premium.
- Maximum time in which we must connect with the main mobile: The primary mobile, where WhatsApp was originally set up, must connect at least every 14 days to keep it working on the linked devices.
chats and calls
at the time of communicate with our friendsWhether through chat messages or calls, WhatsApp also places certain limits on what we can do and how.
These limits have changed over time, so that while the maximum size for sending documents was once 100 MB, later went up to 2 GB. These are the different limits that apply to conversations by WhatsApp:
- Maximum document submission size: 2GB.
- Maximum media send size: theoretically 16MBthough it doesn’t seem to apply consistently to sending images (perhaps because they get compressed and end up taking up less space).
- Maximum length of videos that can be sent: 2:50. If they last longer, you will have to trim it.
- Maximum number of photos you can send at once: 100 photos.
- Maximum duration of video states: 30 seconds.
- Forward limit for a normal message: 5 chats or groups maximum.
- Forwarding limit of a forwarded message: 1 group or up to 5 individual chats.
- Resend limit for a “resent many times” message: 1 forward.
- Maximum users in a broadcast list: 256 members.
- Maximum time to delete a message for everyone: 60 hours since it was sent.
- Maximum number of participants in group calls and video calls: 32 people.
In Xataka Android | Everything you lose when using WhatsApp on a second linked mobile in front of the main mobile