There is no impediment for you to take your travel platforms, although Netflix does make the process somewhat difficult: given the latest actions in pursuit of ban shared accountsto use your profile outside your area of residence you need to carry out a specific process. We explain it to you step by step.
The odyssey of shared accounts will lead its users down the path of doubt: Reduce the number of platforms to the essential ones or pay more to make use of added profiles? Little by little, all of them will set limits for use outside the main residence, including travel. And that is where Netflix specifically points, since it has begun to limit access to streaming in places outside the home. Of course, at no time will it prevent us from seeing the content when we are traveling.
Download the content and get your code
According to Netflix terms of serviceall subscribers can use the Netflix account for a month away from your main residence. This allows not only any long-term trip, but also stays in a second home. As that month passes You have to log in at least once on the main WiFi for Netflix to determine with the IP address that the subscription is being used correctly.
All Netflix accounts allow you to add several profiles with which to access multimedia content according to the terms of each type of subscription. And this is where the problem of travel comes into play: if you access from outside the main residence with one of the profiles, Netflix can lock uploading behind a passcode. This option begins to appear in Smart TV apps.
According to what we have been able to see on our televisions, to use Netflix outside the main residence it will be necessary to do the following:
- Sign in on your TV or other device as normal.
- When accessing the account, a screen will appear informing you that Netflix has detected that you are traveling.
- Click on “Send an email” or “Send an SMS”, you will receive the access code in your respective mailbox. In the event that you are not the main profile, you will have to ask the account owner for the code: he will receive it.
- Enter the code received on the Netflix screen and you will have 14 days of streaming on that device.
- After that period of time you should have an extension of another 14 days repeating the same process. Then you will have to log in to the WiFi of the main residence: Netflix will no longer allow you to access the account.
This is valid for devices such as smart TVs and players, since these apps do not allow the download of content. In the event that you go on a trip with your mobile, it is best to continue doing as before: download the movies and series you want to watch to the storage, you will have them available offline. Remember that this content also has an expiration date: its limit depends on the license.