What to look for when buying a mobile phone of 200 euros or less
As we have mentioned, things have changed in recent years and with a budget of 200 euros we can find phones with excellent performance at many levels. The democratization of photography produced by AI has made us obtain very good captures on mobile phones that did not even dream of performing like this just five years ago, and manufacturers pay special attention to autonomy in these strips. But in case you need a guide, we will tell you what you should take into account when choosing a mobile with the aforementioned budget in mind:
- Screen: high refreshments are no longer a thing of the most expensive mobile phones on the market, in more modest bands you can also enjoy 90Hz frequencies, so if you are interested in having above-average fluidity, you can take this information into account. Also that OLED screens (also AMOLED) have lower energy consumption than LCDs.
- Drums: one of the points that is always more controversial when choosing a mobile also influences the purchase of mobiles of 200 euros or less. You have to choose if you want to have a large battery, less battery in exchange for fast charging or if what you are looking for is to squeeze each mAh with a high autonomy no matter what else. Personally, I prefer the latter.
- cameras: It is common to find multiple cameras in mobiles of all price categories, even in modest ones, but you must bear in mind that cameras with macro focus tend to have very fair performance and tend to be rarely used. So if your multi-camera phone prioritizes having a super wide angle over a macro camera, all the better.
- Power and connectivity: another important aspect that has also evolved over the years. In reduced price bands we have great bets on almost all fronts, although you should know that if you have to choose between a Snapdragon or a Dimensity processor, it is the latter that offer 5G yes or yes. Something that does not always happen on the side of Qualcomm and its mobile dragons.
- the importance of sound: last but not least, we have the audio of the phone. We are not referring so much to the quality of the speakers, but to the fact that you have extra options that are increasingly lacking in more expensive mobile phones. For example, the presence of a minijack to be able to connect wired headphones, or the presence of the FM radio so as not to always depend on streaming.
Mobile phones of 200 euros or less recommended
LITTLE M5 4G
We have from the outset one of the best sellers in the Xiaomi ecosystem, a LITTLE M5 that brings us not only a screen that refreshes at 90Hz and with FullHD + resolution, but also a triple camera with 50 megapixels on the front and 18W fast charging, which although somewhat clipped will shorten the waits at the plug. In our analysis we highlighted its autonomy with a 9.5 out of 10. Keep that in mind when buying it.
POCO M5 – 4+64GB Smartphone, 6.58” 90Hz FHD+ DotDrop Screen, MediaTek Helio G99, 50MP Triple Camera with AI, 5000mAh, NFC, Green (ES Version + 3 years warranty)
LITTLE M4 Pro 5G
From the previous generation we have the POCO M4 Pro 5G, which is still on sale in its manufacturer’s catalog and offers us, once again, autonomy at the highest level. We are not talking about a small or light phone, but its analysis left us with a great taste in our mouths and it can be, without problems, your purchase for the coming years. Having 5G guarantees a longer lifedefinitely.
Xiaomi Poco M4 Pro 5G – Smartphone 4GB RAM 64GB ROM, Dual Sim, Black
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 4G
We continue without leaving Xiaomi’s territory but now within the catalog of its second brand, Redmi. Here we have a mobile that does not stand out for any of its aspects but that does offer us a solid balanced terminal, with a large battery capacity and whose screen, once again, refreshes at 90Hz.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Smartphone 4+64GB, 6.43-inch Screen 90Hz FHD+ Amoled Dotdisplay, Snapdragon 680, 50MP AI Quad Camera, 5000 mAh, Graphite Gray ES Version with Alexa hands-free
Realme 9i 4G
We turn to the Realme catalog to find the Realme 9i, a new example of modestly priced mobiles with 90Hz display and great battery. To its detriment we will say that it does not have 5G as other of its competitors do, but Realme moves very well in this price range with well-built mobiles, with good performance and durable.
realme 9i Unlocked Smartphone, Massive 5000 mAh Battery, Qualcomm Snapdragon 680 Processor, 33W Dart Charge, 90Hz Ultra-Fluid Display, Dual Sim 4+64 GB, Android 11, Prism Blue
Samsung Galaxy A13 4G
Samsung also drops by here with one of the most modest phones in its A series, the Galaxy A13 that it not only places in our hands a 5,000 mAh battery it also offers us 128GB of internal space to be able to download everything. Its processor, although solvent, does not allow us to have 5G, so it will be a “must” item for a device that, on the other hand, is a great choice if we want to enter the South Korean ecosystem.
Samsung Galaxy A13 (128 GB) Black – Unlocked mobile phone, 4 GB RAM Android Smartphone, with 6.6” screen and 5000 mAh battery – 2021 Chipset (ES Version)
Samsung Galaxy M13 4G
Another exponent of Samsung’s modest lines, in this case the Samsung Galaxy M13, which also has many virtues. Like the presence of 128GB of internal space, like its 5,000 mAh battery with 18W fast charging (not very fast, but enough) or like its 50-megapixel main camera. All this embedded in a Samsung with a very recognizable design and with a solid and durable construction.
Samsung Galaxy M13 – Unlocked Android Mobile Phone, Smartphone with 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage, Green [Versión española]
OPPO A76 4G
How could OPPO not be present in this list of recommendations, and it does so with a new 4G model, in this case the OPPO A76. A mobile with a powerful processor, the Snapdragon 680, and with autonomy that, in the particular case of OPPO, is usually above average. In some, far above.
OPPO A76 – 128GB Smartphone, 4GB RAM, Dual SIM, 6.56” Screen, 13MP+2MP Camera, 8MP Selfie Camera, 5000mAh Battery, 33W Fast Charge – Black
Motorola Moto G51 5G
A Motorola arrives to shop around our compilation. The Moto G51 5G which, as its name suggests, allows us to connect to 5G networks. But we also have a triple camera with a 50-megapixel main sensor, and 128GB of internal space, and a 5,000 mAh battery to have plenty of autonomy during the day. The only real drawback is that we are talking about a mobile with Android 11 at this point, although we already know that this does not matter as much as it did a few years ago.
Motorola Moto g51 5G (6.8″ Full HD+ Screen, 50 MP Triple Camera, Octa Core processor, 5000 mAH battery, Dual SIM, 4/128GB, Android 11), Blue [Versión ES/PT]