Although the key updates of the phone are the most important that it can receive, that does not mean that updating other software components is less important: system services, Google Play services and the store itself. they renew the phones in depth without the manufacturers having to get involved. And the February update is already in full rollout.
Until now Google has not managed to solve the problem of Android updates: each brand keeps their phones alive as they want and with less time than the user would like. To prevent devices from ceasing to keep up, Google unfolded part of the system core to Google Play; to ensure that even the oldest mobiles did not become completely obsolete. And there is an update.
Google Play receives news in February
Thanks to the fact that Google has been separating functions from the core of the system, the oldest mobiles are still in use even after several years have passed since their launch. It is not ideal, since the brand of the phone continues to dominate its firmware, but it is a guarantee that a certified Android is still up to date in many of the basic functions. Like the app store, for example.
Google is updating Google Play, the related system and its services with some frequency. And we just have a new update among us: February 2023. It is already in full expansion to colonize all devices equipped with Android and that have been certified by Google.
The novelties that the Google Play update distributed in February brings are the following:
- Improved device connectivity by fixing the “Share with Nearby” notice to the screen.
- New features for discovering apps and games in the Google Play store.
- Optimization of store downloads to make them faster and more reliable.
- Google makes it easy on the phone for developers to integrate machine learning and artificial intelligence solutions.
- Google Play Protect receives improvements with which to further protect devices.
- The Android store receives numerous stability and security fixes.
All the previous changes are distributed through the three branches that Google Play has. Therefore, to receive all of them, you must proceed with the complete update process.
How to update the Google Play system of your Android
This software base consists of three parts: the system update, Google Play services and Google Play itself. This is how you can keep them up to date:
- Open your Android settings and go to “Security and privacy”.
- Enter “Updates” and look for the “Google Play system update».
- Click on it and let your mobile download and install it. You will have to restart the phone.
- Once restarted, you need to update Google Play services to version 04.23. They are available in the app store (or on APK Mirror).
- When you have updated the services, it is the turn of the Google Play store: you must have version 34.3. Surely you already have it installed, although you can speed up the process with his apk.
- When you have everything up to date your phone will be fully updated.
More information | Google