At the end of 2021 this Chinese social network was the seventh most used social network in the world; while in Mexico is the third most popular among Internet usersaccording to Statista.
And one of the most striking aspects of TikTok is that a large part of its content creators range between 16 and 24 years of age.
Although this age range no longer seems to be at high risk when certain content is published, care must be taken.
This is why TikTok, like Netflix, also has a parent mode that helps parents to have a greater control of what minors consume.
Parental mode, what it is and how to activate it
So that as a parent you can be calmer about what your children consume on TikTok, you can access the parental mode called “Family Synchronization”.
It is a social network service that allows you to link your account on this platform to that of minors and thus remotely control privacy settings.
In this way you will be able to make the adjustments that you think are pertinent, so that your children are not exposed to videos that are not appropriate for them.
If you like turn on TikTok parental modewhat you have to do is the following:
- Access your social network profile on your mobile.
- Go to “settings” and click on the “family sync” option, which appears in the “content and activity” section.
- Once there you will have to specify that you are a parent or legal guardian, so a QR code will be generated.
- When you have this, also go to the family synchronization part from your son or daughter’s cell phone.
- Finally, choose the “minor” option and there you can scan said code.
With this simple procedure carried out, you will have greater control of the configuration of your child’s account, in addition to the following settings:
- You can disable the search engine.
- Manage the time spent by the minor in the mobile application.
- You will limit certain content that you think is inappropriate for them.
- You can set comments to your children’s videos.
- Say who of your contacts can see your content.
- You will see those videos that your child has liked and decide if it is convenient for him to see them again or some similar content.
- You can also restrict who can send you direct messages, or turn them off entirely.
Following these steps of parental mode on TikTok You will be calmer about what your sons and daughters see on this social media platform.